- Use photography as a mean to educate the community and engage in environmental conservation.
- To create images that bring to attention and promote conservation objectives of the WEPA projects.
- To facilitate the connection of photography with other environmental resources, scientific and cultural.
- To share information and resources with other members of the WEPA, in order to help implementing the projects.
- To promote and respect the code of conduct for WEPA photographers.
- Encourage environmental education.
- To raise funds and grants for WEPA projects.
- Encourage and assist photographers with innovative ideas, to promote environmental conservation.